Reporting to the Vice-President Operations, the Regional Manager has the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, supervision and control of all operations.
- Responsible for the attainment of corporate objectives and station’s budget.
- Responsible for enforcing corporate policies and ensuring compliance with established corporate procedures, among all personnel of the station.
- Responsible to continuously improve the financial performance of the station and maintain sound business practices.
- Responsible for promoting OEC’s corporate culture and customer service philosophy among all personnel of the station.
- Develop, implement and harmonized efficient sales strategies aimed at improving station’s market penetration, commercial visibility and positioning.
- Exercise a leadership role that shall bring a high level of productivity, performance and morale among all sales and operations team personnel of the station.
- Perform regular business intelligence activities in the market and inform the Company on station’s market conditions and trends, including competitors’ activities.
- Responsible for resolving in a diligent and business efficient manner customer complaints and implement measures to prevent their frequency and recurrence.
- Responsible to resolve station’s internal and operational problems on a diligent and business efficient manner in order to prevent service deficiencies and/or customers’ dissatisfaction.
- Improve on an ongoing basis station’s internal systems and procedures in order to favor customer service and operational efficiency/productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of all employees of the station, including maintaining a proper working discipline that favors employee’s productivity and morale.
- Ensure employee’s performance is evaluated on a yearly basis and such information is maintained in the employees’ files.
- Provide adequate and continuous training to all personnel of the station in order to ensure a high level of performance and consistent quality of work.
- Contribute to maintaining a business environment in accordance with OEC’s corporate objective of best management practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT PROFILE
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- 8+ years of experience in freight forwarding operations (ocean/air, import/export).
- University degree, preferred.
- Strong organization, planning, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Qualified candidates should forward their C.V. with cover letter to:
725 Montee de Liesse
Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
Fax 514 905-1247